Ultrasonic HC-SR04 Distance Sensor
HC-SR04 Sensor Features:
- Wide Range Detection: 2 – 400cm / 1 – 156in.
- Low Current Consumption: Quiescent – Effectual Angle: 15 degrees.
- Resolution: 0.3cm
- Module dimensions: 45mm x 20mm x 15mm
- Simple pinout: VCC (5v), GND, Trig, Echo.
- Ultrasonic Frequency: 40kHz
Read the distance with the Ultrasonic HC-SR04 Sensor!
The HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor is the perfect solution for any distance detection application. The sensor is inexpensive, easy to use, is easily interfaced to any microcontroller on the market and can be easily mounted anywhere. It has been the go-to sensor for the maker community for several years as it has proven itself to be quite accurate and reliable in most applications. If you are looking to build a simple robot with collision avoidance, this sensor will definitely hold its own and allow you to do just that. For more complex detection applications you may choose to mount it on a servo and create 360 degrees ultrasonic range sensing capability.
Advantages of the HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor
- Inexpensive – The sensor is much cheaper than the equivalent infra red sensors.
- Accurate – The Ultrasonic HC-SR04 Sensor provides a timed digital output which is generally very accurate in most applications.
- Simple to use – The sensor has a 4-pin interface which allows the user to send an output signal and capture the returning signal in order to get a distance measurement.
Principle of operation & How to use
1. Send a 10us pulse (HIGH) on the ‘trig’ pin.
2. Start a timer to record the delay from the end of the previous pulse until a pulse (HIGH) is received on the ‘echo’ pin.
3. Based on the timer you may choose to convert the value into cm by dividing by 58 or inches by dividing by 148 thus obtaining the distance from the Ultrasonic HC-SR04 Sensor.
We’ve put together a few references for this product!
|Dimensions||45 x 20 x 15 mm|